- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 40 mins
- 4 people
- Meal course
- Posted by
- Posted on
- October 28, 2015
Looking for a very quick dinner that is sure to delight everyone? Well we did that and made sure to add BACON!
We’re going to be making our own homemade pesto with a friends recipe so once I have that I’ll also be writing that up for the website. For this recipe you can just purchase some from the store. We used some Basil Pesto from Mezzetta which was amazing!
In the picture you will see butter nut squash which will not be added to this recipe but all you have to do is cook some up and smash it up with butter!
- Remove the chicken breasts from packaging and wash gently and place on a cutting board
- Cut the chicken breast down the middle approximately 90% from end to end
- Take a large tablespoon of pesto and spread all throughout the middle of the chicken breast.
- Close the chicken breast and grab a few pieces of bacon. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Wrap a few pieces of bacon very tightly around the chicken crossways from how you cut it. The bacon should be holding the chicken closed. Giving it a love hug of awesomeness.
- Get a metal cookie sheet and cover it with aluminum foil. Place your chicken breasts on top and put in the oven for 35-40 minutes. Make sure the bacon is fully cooked and the chicken breast is at least 165 degrees and remove them from the oven.
- Let the chicken cool for a few minutes while you set the table and surprise your family and friends with an epic dinner!