- Preparation time
- 45 mins
- Cooking time
- 45 mins
- 4 people
- Meal course
- Posted by
- Posted on
- June 4, 2015
This is fairly easy, don’t stress about it. This is great if you are hungry and sick.
You can substitute brown rice for white rice, or pasta, or really anything else (quinoa for instance) as a starch as long as its reasonable.
What you end up with generally is chicken that is juicy and falls apart with a bunch of really nicely steamed brocolli.
Picture is from the internets, but is generally what it looks like.
- Put a few table spoons of olive oil in a sauce pan on med to med-high heat, bring up to temp.
- After about 3 minutes, throw in about 4-5 FROZEN chicken thighs or breasts.
- Cook for about 20-25 minutes covered. Flip them over at this point.
- You should have some broth and water in the pan happily boiling at this point.
- Add salt and pepper to if you want.
- Add brown rice to the pan around the chicken, about a half cup, make sure its well covered by water/broth. Experiment here, you may need to add some water to cook the rice. If you decide to substitute something other than rice you may want to cook it on its own.
- Add brocolli on top of everything.
- Wait another 15-20 minutes or so. (your cook time may vary)